Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

When I was little I loved Winnie the Pooh, I used to watch it all the time. My love for Pooh has carried over into college life and I still say “oh bother” and “think, think, think” and every so often someone reminds me about this fact. Pooh is so innocent and unknowingly wise. Throughout the movie Pooh and the other characters say so many things that just… make sense of life. They make it seem so simple and Pooh has some exceptionally inspirational things to say. So after watching the movie I went online to find some of quotes and sayings from Winnie the Pooh and now I have decided to share them with you! I hope you enjoy them!
A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.
Before beginning a Hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it.
Don’t underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.
It is hard to be brave, when you’re only a Very Small Animal.
If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.
It’s always useful to know where a friend-and-relation is, whether you want him or whether you don’t.
It’s so much more friendly with two.
My spelling is Wobbly. It’s good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
Poetry and Hums aren’t things which you get, they’re things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you.
Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.
Some people care too much, I think it’s called love
Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.
They’re funny things, Accidents. You never have them till you’re having them.
Those who are clever, who have a Brain, never understand anything.
To the uneducated, an A is just three sticks.
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
You can’t stay in your corner of the forest, waiting for others to come to you; you have to go to them sometimes.
If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart.. I’ll always be with you.
If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever.
Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. “Pooh,” he whispered.
“Yes, Piglet?”
“Nothing,” said Piglet, taking Pooh’s paw, “I just wanted to be sure of you.”
Eeyore: It’s not much of a tail, but I’m sort of attached to it.
Tigger: Say, who are you?
Narrator: I’m the narrator.
Tigger: Oh, well, please, for goodness’ sakes, narrate me down from here!
Rabbit: [to Pooh while hiding from Tigger in the forest] Shush!
Winnie the Pooh: I am shushed!
[Gopher is about to give Pooh his pot of honey, even though Pooh is stuck in Rabbit’s door, but Rabbit grabs it first]
Rabbit: No, no, no, no, no! Not one drop!
Winnie the Pooh: But Rabbit, I wasn’t going to eat it. I was just gonna taste it.
Rabbit: I’ll taste it for you!
[Tigger had found a lost Rabbit and is rushing him out of the misty woods]
Narrator: Rabbit was now a humiliated rabbit, a lost-and-found rabbit, and a “Why, oh why do these things happen to me?” rabbit.
Winnie the Pooh: [after the balloon he’s flying on deflates] Oh, bother. I think I shall come down.
Winnie the Pooh: Hello, out there! Oh, I hope nobody answers.
(this next one makes me very happy)
Piglet: Pooh! Haven’t you been listening to what Rabbit’s been saying?
Winnie the Pooh: I listened, but then I had a small piece of fluff in my ear. Could you say it again, please, Rabbit?
Rabbit: Well, where should I start from?
Winnie the Pooh: Well, from the moment the fluff got in my ear.
Rabbit: Well, when was that?
Winnie the Pooh: I don’t know. I couldn’t hear properly.
Winnie the Pooh: I’m rumbly in my tumbly.
Winnie the Pooh: Could you ssspare a sssmall sssmackerel?
Gopher: Say, you ought to do sssomething about that ssspeech impediment, sssonny.
Winnie the Pooh: Christopher Robin… I think the bees S-U-S-P-E-C-T something.
Christopher Robin: Perhaps they think you’re after their honey.
Winnie the Pooh: Well, it may be that. You never can tell with bees.
Winnie the Pooh: [after rolling in mud] There, now.
[giggles, then hops out of the mud puddle]
Winnie the Pooh: Isn’t this a clever disguise?
Christopher Robin: What are you supposed to be?
Winnie the Pooh: [looking himself over] I’m a little, black rain cloud, of course.
Christopher Robin: [giggles] Silly old bear.
image

No comments:

Post a Comment